- Occupational Health & Safety Training
- Active Shooter Survival
Active Shooter Survival
Active Shooter Survival is designed to be a comprehensive overview class to help people prepare for and survive active shooter incidents. Based on real world statistics and tactics from law enforcement and the security industry, this class is perfect for anyone wanting to become more informed and better trained.
See below for course information.
Approximate Length: 3 hrs
Please note this class comes in several formats, please pay attention to which format you are selecting when registering.
- In Person: The class is held in person at one of our training sites (location will be stated in the selection).
- Online Instructor-Led: The class is held online via Zoom, but is taught by a live instructor. Students attend the class virtually using the Zoom platform.
This lecture based course covers active shooter incidents at the awareness level. The course covers a variety of topics from statistics on active shooter incidents to tips and techniques on how to survive if you find yourself in one. The course is based on current studies and best practices from both Law Enforcement and the security industry.
- Definition of active threat/active shooter
- Current trends and statistics
- Target characteristics
- How to survive: Move-Escape-Attack
- Law Enforcement response
- Recovery: Aftermath of the Active Shooter Incident
- Other Factors (Terrorism & Concealed Handgun License holders)
- How to prepare: What you can do