CERT Train-The-Trainer (TTT) is the course required for anyone that wants to become certified as a CERT Instructor. The course is typically delivered over three days and contains topics such as course delivery, teaching skills, and preparation. Students must attend the entire course in order to receive certification. After successful completion of the course, students become CERT Instructors and are able to teach the TTT course at their home CERT program. TSI Maintains a cadre of Master Instructors capable of delivering the CERT TTT course.
- Sponsorship by a registered CERT program or agency.
- ICS 100
- ICS 200
- ICS 700
- ICS 800
- CERT Basic Training
- IS 317 Introduction to Community Emergency Response Teams (For new programs)
- State Level Approval (State Specific)
Approximate Length: 24 hrs
(Usually divided into three 8 hours days, with a 1 hour lunch break each day)
The purpose of this Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Train-the-Trainer
(T-T-T) course is to produce competent instructors for the CERT Basic Training course.
A competent CERT instructor:
- Delivers the CERT Basic Training course accurately, conveying the messages and intent of the CERT Program (e.g., safety, teamwork, and place in overall community emergency operations plan).
- Assures that participants achieve the objectives of the CERT Basic Training course.
- Delivers training effectively and at an appropriate level, thus enabling participants to learn and correctly apply skill sets.
- Creates a comfortable and managed learning environment.
- Overall Course Objectives
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the CERT Basic Training course.
- Demonstrate the ability to present an assigned portion of the course (teach-back).
- Communicate the core values of the program.
- Demonstrate classroom management techniques.
- Demonstrate effective teaching techniques.
- Model appropriate behavior as an instructor. In addition to the overall course objectives listed above, each unit has specific objectives.
The target audience for this course includes the following:
- People who will serve as the course manager for the CERT Basic Training course. This course manager would have the authority to designate instructors to teach selected units.
- People who will be CERT Basic Training course instructors in any capacity. Note: Individuals who conduct only one or two of the units may do so without taking the CERT T-T-T course. However, the CERT T-T-T course would give them a necessary overview of the CERT Basic Training course as well as improve their instructional skills.