Spring 2022 Joint Basic Disaster Academy / CERT Training
Basic Disaster Academy / CERT training is how all new CERT's get trained. The Basic Disaster Academy / CERT training course typically takes approximately 28 hours for a student to complete in total. It is broken down into modules related to disaster response and students must attend the entire course in order to receive certification. This course is the Basic CERT Training required for anyone wanting to join either Lane Community College Campus CERT or the Central Aid Agency CERT Program. The course is also available for interested members of the general public to take as well, but they must provide their own equipment (see below). Please note space in the class is limited, and priority will be given to people who are joining one of the host CERT programs.
Typical course prerequisites (Program Specific):
See below for important course information.
- To register for this training, select the option you wish to sign up for, and check out normally.
- Please make sure to look below for specific requirements and information related to the three attendance options.
- We must have a minimum of 10 people register for this class, or it may get cancelled.
- Class size is limited to 20 people, any beyond that will be added to a waitlist. We will notify you if this occurs.
- Please Note: You must attend the ENTIRE course AND the final drill to receive certification.
- I will make a concerted effort to attend all the days of the training.
- If I am joining a CERT program, I have downloaded the appropriate application packet for my program and I will bring it to the first day of class.
- If I am not joining a CERT program, I have downloaded the Liability Waiver and I will bring it filled out and signed to the first day of the class. I have also read the required equipment list and will bring my own equipment to the class.
(Training only - Not joining a CERT program)