Oregon DPSST Unarmed Security Renewal
Are you currently employed as an unarmed private security provider in Oregon and need to maintain your certification so you can keep working? The DPSST Unarmed Security Renewal course is required every two years for anyone certified as an unarmed security provider in Oregon. Certification lapsed but still want to renew it? Even if you aren't currently certified, but were within the last four years, you can take this course and you will be able to renew your private security unarmed certification. Since DPSST has allowed us to adapt this course into an online instructor-led format, you can now take it from the comfort of your own home!
Valid form of government issued photo ID
Pen or pencil
Notepad or paper
For Online Instructor-Led Courses (in addition to above):
The ability to send and receive Emails
Reliable Internet connection
Functional Webcam (Required for taking the test)
A computer is required to take this course (The test does not work on mobile devices - if you attend the course on a mobile device and cannot complete the test, you will forfeit the class and have to register for another class)
Please see below for important course information
Please note this class comes in several formats, please pay attention to which format you are selecting when registering.
- In Person: The class is held in person at one of our training sites (location will be stated in the selection).
- Online Instructor-Led: The class is held online via Zoom, but is taught by a live instructor. Students attend the class virtually using the Zoom platform.
This course is required every two years to maintain an Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) Unarmed Security Professional certification. The class is taught by a DPSST certified Unarmed Instructor and consists of online instructor-led training. This course is intended for those already certified who need to maintain licensure as a condition of employment, or for those looking to stay certified for purposes of hire-ability.
An application packet must be submitted to DPSST after conclusion of the course, the packet must include:
- PS-21 (Application for Licensure or Certification of Private Security Services Provider);
- An email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the students name, PSID number, hour length and completion date of the course, and the location (Training Solutions International, Online). (ONLINE COURSES ONLY)
- The original Form PS-6 (Affidavit of Instructor and Private Security Provider Testing Results) documenting completion of the training. (Will be mailed in by the instructor for Online courses)
- If currently employed, a completed Form PS-20 (Private Security Services Provider Temporary Work Permit).
- Nonrefundable license renewal fee. THIS FEE IS SEPARATE FROM THE CLASS FEE AND MUST BE PAID TO DPSST DIRECTLY.