STOP THE BLEED
STOP THE BLEED is an innovative class that teaches the fundamentals of emergency bleeding control. Whether you work in a high-risk profession, or are just a member of the general public, knowing when to jump in and apply critical life-saving interventions may just save a life. Don't get caught unprepared, get STOP THE BLEED trained today!
See below for course information.
Please note this class comes in several formats, please pay attention to which format you are selecting when registering.
- In Person: The class is held in person at one of our training sites (location will be stated in the selection).
- Online Instructor-Led: The class is held online via Zoom, but is taught by a live instructor. Students attend the class virtually using the Zoom platform. After checkout you will receive an email with the Zoom login information.
The STOP THE BLEED® Course is a class created by the American College of Surgeons and taught around the country by qualified instructors. This in-person, hands-on class teaches the basics of identifying and treating life-threatening bleeding using tourniquets, wound packing and pressure dressings. The course uses skills and principles developed from Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) and Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC).
- How to identify severe bleeding.
- How to use your hands to apply pressure to a wound.
- How to pack a wound to control bleeding.
- How to correctly apply a tourniquet.
- Treatment considerations.